Welcome to my studio!
I am inspired by women, fabric, animals, and color. My paintings are strong, beautiful and tell a story. I use patterns to build rich, brilliant texture and to create tension in juxtaposition with the calm face of Woman. I incorporate animals into my work to accentuate the idea of Woman as protective nurturer. Within this elaborate backdrop of texture, pattern and color, the relationships within the painting evoke serenity. Every creative experience, as sculptor, painter or clothier, is utilized in my work. I trust my imagination and rely on valuable skills honed since childhood. Perhaps because I lost both my mother and grandmother at an early age, I paint them idealistically as safe, steady and ever-present women. Thus, I nurture my talent as I was nurtured, unafraid to embrace all challenges and successes.
I will have a full complement of my paintings on display. As well as:
I look forward to meeting you!
– Judith Thompson
Example of paintings that will be on display and available for purchase during the WLAST weekend. Please see my portfolio for a complete listing.
Each scarf is a replica of one of my original oil paintings and comes with a decorative gift box and a signed card.
- Silk Twill measuring 36 x 36 - $250
- Wool Blend measuring 54 x 54 - $325
Greeting Cards available from my Seasons collection - $40
In each package:
- Eight cards, two of each from the Seasons collection.
- Eight color coordinated envelopes
- Pre-paid stamp with corresponding artwork
Scarves, greeting cards and aprons come in custom packaging.
Snickers Gap Stop #35, 19965 Lincoln Road, Purcellville, Virginia (see map below)
- From Business Route 7 (Main Street) in Purcellville turn onto South Maple Avenue
- Follow this road 5 miles through the town of Lincoln
- This road turns into Lincoln Road
- The studio is on the right, 1/4 mile before the end of the road.
Look for the sign!